Sunday, September 19, 2010

Pay Attention



After viewing the youtube video Pay Attention, I had many interesting thoughts and questions. I loved all the information about our children learning in a technological world. The movie really peaked my interest because I want to find new ways of incorporating technology in my classroom. I loved the idea of using cell phones in the classroom, however I know its not feasible in 4th grade. However, I think it could be more of a possibility in a high school classroom. My question with this is would parents get upset about students using cell phones in the classroom? I think it is important that teachers realize that we need to do a better job at engaging students. One way to reach these students is through technology. Due to the face that technology is so "hot" right now this is a great way to take something that students already know about and love and put it in use in your own classroom.
This is the video Pay Attention that I watched:

Also, this video reminded me of another video I watched in a previous grad class. It is also about student and technology. VERY INTERESTING! if you would like to take a look, here is the link below.

1 comment: